Monday, March 4, 2013

A Brave Cowboy and His Old Lady

This year it was just me and Gav for Halloween...again! Last year Daddy had to work and this year he was not even in the same state! We missed Daddy and hopefully he will be able to join us next year. 
 I never really get into Halloween and would never wear a costume, but try telling elementary kids that. I dress up every year just for my students. This year I ressurected my great grandma's mu-mu, spray painted my hair gray, and called it good. By the time I took Gavin Trick-Or-Treating I was a mess, and really just looked like a crabby lady who had been trying to keep her sanity being a single parent to a crazy two year old!
 Anytime we asked Gav what he wanted to be for Halloween he said, "Brave".  He got this notion after hearing my friend's daughter say she wanted to be Merda from the movie Brave. We convinced him to be a BRAVE Cowboy...sheesh! Luckily, thanks to Papa Mike and B-Ma we had all of his costume already. This boy loves his horses!
I loved the neighborhood that we lived in because kids went out Trick-Or-Treating at like 5:30 and were done by 8pm. Not to mention people were giving out things like warm home-made doughnuts.

No comments: