Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Flying First Haircut

Gavin was WAY past due for a haircut but I put it off as long as I could. I knew once I cut those curls off they would never come back! After our fun night at the hospital we spent the evening as a family and we decided that the time had come to say goodbye to the ever-growing curly mullet. 
At this point I still don't think he knew what was coming. He sat down in the little airplane, got all excited and even left the cape on (he hates bibs and will not leave them on). They had a little movie playing right at his station, but that didn't entertain him for long. 
 I got a little sad when the cut off the curls. Don't worry, I have them in a little baggie. 
 He was smiles the whole time. He did try to grab the scissors, but I held his hands down and he didn't seem to mind. Here you can see just how long the top was! He had some crazy long pieces! 

 The guy who cut it put some gel in it and he looked so old! I always said I'd never give my kid a "faux hawk" but he looked so cute! 
 When he was done daddy let him play on the playset, until mommy came over and saw how much hair was on it. That ended the playing pretty quick! That night as we peeked in on him before we went to bed and saw the straight hair line on the back of his neck, it reminded us just how big he is getting. He isn't our baby anymore. We have succumbed to the fact that we actually have a toddler now!

No comments: