Monday, March 28, 2011

Random Thoughts

I feel like my blog before I had Gavin was not only a travel-log of our marriage, but a place to put my thoughts into words. Sadly, I have turned into one of those bloggers I never wanted to be: one who only posted about the milestones in their babies life. Don't get me wrong, I love Gavin more than I thought humanly possible, but having him doesn't mean that I lost all of my thoughts, or that I shouldn't record them. Truthfully throughout the day I think to myself, "I should write that down" then the moment passes and I forget all about whatever thought I had been thinking. Today I was driving home from work and my mind was racing. I seriously was getting anxiety thinking about all the things that I have on my to-do list: clean the house before the landlord comes over on Thursday, make dinner tonight, give Gavin a bath, prep for next year, prepare the visiting teaching message, prepare our Primary lesson for Sunday (yes, it is only Monday). For some reason my brain went into overdrive and I couldn't for the life of me get it to stop. 

Right now I have a student teacher. She is fabulous. We really get along. One of the aides said that if she closed her eyes and just listened to my student teacher talk, she thought it was me. I did it the other day and it was creepy. She sounded just like me.  Speaking of school, next year I am going to be teaching a 2nd grade/3rd grade split class. I will likely have about 10 2nd graders and 15 3rd graders. I am excited for the change. My principal also wants to pilot a SmartBoard (interactive whiteboard) in my room. I taught with one in Kansas and LOVED it so I am excited to add that to my classroom as well. Although I don't love LIVING back in Utah,  I do love being at my school, teaching with who I am teaching with, and actually feeling appreciated by my principal again. This year doesn't even compare to the year from hell I had last year. I have said it before and I will say it again, the principal makes all the difference! 
That being said, my principal has been out of the building a few times and I have gotten to act as the administrator. It has been interesting. Though I loved the different perspective, I think I belong in the classroom. Taylor keeps telling me that I should be a principal, but I'm pretty sure that that's just because it would like double my salary. I do eventually want to end up at home with the kids, so I'm still on the fence as to whether getting my masters is worth it or not. 

So, I know this was a RaNdOm post, but I just had to get some things out of my head. All in all life is wonderful and I am SO excited for summer and just being able to stay home with my boys!

No comments: